Areas of Practice:
- Mechanical and Chemical Arts
- Trade Secret Matters
- U.S. and Foreign Patent Applications
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
DePaul University College of Law, Chicago, Illinois, 1981, J.D.
- Law Review: DePaul Law Review, Editor
Western Michigan University, 1974, B.S.E
Major: Industrial Engineering
Major: Aviation Engineering
- State Bar of California Member
- Los Angeles County Bar Association Member
- American Bar Association Member
- Los Angeles Patent Law Association Member
- Los Angeles Intellectual Property Law Association Member
- Leydig, Voit & Mayer, Chicago, Associate, 1981 - 1984
JOHN S. NAGY graduated from Western Michigan University in 1974 with a B.S. in engineering, with a first major in industrial engineering and a second major in aviation engineering. He received his Juris Doctor from DePaul University in 1981. He was the editor of the Law Review's Symposium Issue focusing on intellectual property topics. Mr. Nagy has trial experience before judges and juries in litigating patent infringement matters involving a broad range of technologies. He has focused primarily on litigation and litigation support in the mechanical and chemical arts, and has experience in trade secret matters. Also, he has substantial experience in prosecuting U.S. and foreign patent applications, primarily in the mechanical arts.
Mr. Nagy joined the firm in October 1984 as an associate and became a partner in 1989. From 1981 to 1984, he was an associate with the firm of Leydig, Voit & Mayer in Chicago , working primarily in patent litigation, trade secret litigation, counseling clients concerning trade secret protection, and licensing matters for high technology corporations.
Mr. Nagy is admitted to practice in California , U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, and before U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. He is a member of State Bar of California, Los Angeles County Bar Association, American Bar Association, Los Angeles Patent Law Association, and Los Angeles Intellectual Property Law Association.